Regis INsite A Portal for Students, Faculty and Staff
|Before Accessing the Portal:|
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click on the Tools menu
- Click on Internet Options
- Go to the Security Tab
- Select Trusted Sites
- Click on Sites button
- De-select the checkbox at the bottom
- Type *.regis.edu in the Add box
- Click the Add button (then they'll see it in the bottom box)
- Click OK
- Go to the Advanced Tab
- Scroll down to the security section (padlock icon)
- Select the second checkbox to allow active content to run in files
- Click ok
The next time you go to insite.regis.edu and click login, ActiveX components will install. You should only have to go through this process one time.
INsite SharePoint Training Video Series: These streaming videos will guide the user through all of the standard features in SharePoint, the default application in the INsite Portal.
Tutorial: A brief interactive tutorial is available to guide you through the basic functionality available in the Portal.
INsite transition | what was to what is: This PDF document requires the Adobe Acrobat reader. It contains a list of links on the former INsite as an alphabetical index to the same resources and where they exist in the new INsite portal.
INsite Portal Map: This PDF document requires the Adobe Acrobat reader. It contains a graphic representation of the structure of the new INsite Portal.
Non-IE Browsers and Dial-Up Access: If you cannot access some of the Portal applications, the information in this document provides solutions.
If you were a Regis University student, faculty member or staff member in the past year, you may already have experienced the use of this Web portal, which we call Regis INsite. Perhaps you were not aware of this resource, or perhaps you are new enough to our community such that this help page is your first encounter with the online applications and services available to you through the INsite portal as a Regis community member.
Those of us in Regis University's Information Technology Services department have been hard at work upgrading Regis INsite, and we've prepared this orientation as a means to introduce you to the University's revised portal. The changes we've made are considerable enough to warrant a quick review, and we hope you'll take the time to read what follows.
You've obviously found your way to the INsite launch page, where you clicked on the Help link to arrive here. The INsite launch page serves only seven purposes:
- To provide this Help link that you have already found, which is intended to introduce and via these pages orient users of the INsite portal in its current state.
- To provide access to UPDATE notices, which are posted on the INsite launch page as a community-wide service containing University-related news, articles and announcements, as well as University-sponsored events. Anyone visiting the INsite launch page will see all UPDATE notices without having to enter a login or password. UPDATE notices cover all possible audiences at Regis University, from specific sub-groups within the Regis community to those intended for every Regis student, faculty member and staff member. Just like the newspaper or radio/TV news, you simply ignore those titles that do not interest you. Many have learned, however, that UPDATE notices are a great way to discover that Regis has a diverse and interesting culture and community. In order to post an UPDATE story, you will have to login to INsite.
- To provide a link to apply for a RegisNET account. Your RegisNET account is your online identity at Regis University. You will use this account to login to INsite, which will in turn provide you access to a number of online applications and services that will support and/or enhance your experience as a Regis community member. The RegisNET account is also used as a means to access many other services, such as computer labs, classroom technology or the University's secured wireless network. The process to apply for a RegisNET account is launched using the RegisNET account link, and is automated such that those individuals who meet the criteria as students, faculty or staff can have an account in about 15 minutes. For those community members who are not new, you have a RegisNET account if you've logged in to INsite in the past, or if you've logged on to a computer in one of our computer labs or on the desk where you work as an employee.
- To allow a login to Regis INsite, using the Login link at the left. By logging in to this secured site, you will have access to regis.edu e-mail, a personalized Web site called My Site, an information system called WebAdvisor, as well as other applications according to your particular role as a community member. In addition to these applications, a broad and growing array of services will be available to you as the University's academic and operational departments each have the opportunity to provide information and services online through the portal.
- To allow access of the faculty/staff directory.
- To allow access to the University Web classified ads, which include items wanted or for sale as well as employment postings. You cannot make postings to the Web classified ads until you've logged in to INsite.
- To provide a link to the University's Internet site, www.regis.edu.
So, if you're a student, faculty member or staff member and you have not done so, please create your RegisNET account. Before you login, please scan the headlines in the UPDATE notices to see if anything interests you. If you are a faculty member interested in learning more about how you might use the INsite portal as a tool in your academic delivery efforts, please contact the ITS Help Center. Likewise, if you are a department head interested in the ways that you might use the INsite portal as a means to provide a more efficient and more convenient service to the community, please contact the ITS Help Center.
As the INsite portal is developed and improved, we feel strongly that it will have the power to produce a cultural shift at Regis University that will enrich the Regis academic and employment experience of all members of our community.
The orientation documents linked at the top of this page may also be of help to you as you set out to use this new version of our INsite portal.Top of page